Sunday, November 2, 2014

From Facebook

"The secret of the L-rd is with them that fear Him; and He will shew them His covenant. Mine eyes are ever toward the L-rd; for He shall pluck my feet out of the net." Psalm 25:14-15 (KJV).

It's funny how so many people want to be on the "elite" team - among the big wigs of the believing community - but one thing that the L-rd makes clear is that there is no secret knowdlege given to only a few.  There is knowledge of Him and His Glory, and that is meant to be shared freely with all.  No man has the authority to take the judges seat, because no man has control over the breath of G-d.


This scripture is especially important to me, as it captures the exact feelings of being plucked from the net of fear.  When I was younger in my faith I would be plagued with terrible nightmares riddled with terrible beasts. Every time - without fail - when I would cry out to the L-rd in faith, He would come and seemingly pluck me out of the situation. Even in my waking hours, I  would experience situations in which I thought there was no escape.  The L-rd would open up a dialogue with me - prayer being my personal sword - and then He would lead me out of the desert face first into the still water, giving me drink and nourishment.

"The L-rd is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters. He restoreth my soul; He guides me in the path of the righteous, for His Name's sake..." Psalm 23:2-3
I sit here writing this as the very cold first winds of autumn blow past us, and now living on my own, I take in all of the situations G-d has plucked me from. Some more dangerous than others, but I praise His Glorious Name for being the constant refuge and strong tower - not blown by any cold wind. And even though it's quite chilly outside, there's nothing more I enjoy than basking in His fresh spring; warm in the cold, and cool in the heat.  He is G-d, and can do all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment