Monday, September 22, 2014

"An Excerpt from a Dream"



"...My G-d, my G-d, why have You forsaken me?" He said.
And sometimes I wonder what He meant.
"Were You really suffering?
Were You really in pain?"
And when I feel this depressed,
I'm so tempted to let Him slide by.
When I'm this depressed,
The temptation comes
to not even to speak to You at all.

And is often too great.

Yet He gave us words.
Options.

"You are G-d, You could have abandoned it all
for a Him to be a shell of man."

Nothing but an empty shell.

Because You weren't contained by the flesh.
But by Your Will to save us.

You heard me crying then,
alone and cold;
crying out for the answers to come,
and when You heard me crying You cried
on my behalf.

"Father, father, why have You Forsaken Me?"

I guess the answers came when You died...


No comments:

Post a Comment