Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"Be Still"

(We can't be the Messiah,
 we can't nail ourselves to the cross
 and expect to find freedom.)

All we can do is know who G-d sent
to the cross for us; in Him we find our Rest.
Don't die for me, that your death will be my escape.
Don't cry for me, that your tears would be in vein.
Be still, be still, and know that He is G-d.

Don't waste your breath crying out for pain,
remember the nails that went into His veins.
The Redeemer came, to wipe away the things
that would never have remained...

Be still my brothers, and know that He is G-d.
Be still my sisters, and know that He is G-d.

Be still my heart, that no sorrow should pass the gates
He has set to separate the dark and the past.
Be still my soul, be still my heart,
be still and know that He is G-d.

Be still my soul, be still my heart,
be still and know that He is G-d.

*All rights reserved, and copyright retained by Hannah Goodson

No comments:

Post a Comment