Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Thing About Adventures...

The thing about adventures is that they never really end...

Right now, I am on my own adventure; I have school, yes, but that is just a mere pass-time for now.  I am doing well, and study diligently for my courses - I am respected by student and faculty alike, as well as serving on two boards as a student body representative.  I also workout, and lead others in their personal journeys, but again, these things are fleeting.  I would never put my hopes in things that can perish.

I like to read action/adventure/fantasy novels.  They're my favorite.  The one thing that they all have in common, is that in each progressing book (as far as series are concerned) they exhibit harder trials, deeper wounds, and more treacherous peril.  Yet  at the end of each book, a more elaborate celebration occurs. At the end of the story, the triumph is unmatched by the first sigh of relief in the first book... much like in the Kingdom of Heaven... we go through these trials and suffering, and for each victory, the celebration grows.  For each trial, the pain grows worse, the warfare more intense, and the sides are chosen and may not be easy to accept.  But we who remain in the faith walk in the Light of the L-rd - we know that we belong to the winning side.  We know that we have a King of angel armies, and He is the Master of command.  We know that our G-d is the G-d who provides both eternally, and in our present need.

The warfare will indeed be intense, but know and remember that when we take our last stand, we will not be sent to the Kingdom in misery - the Kingdom will come to us in a full armor of rejoicing.

Blessed are You, L-rd our G-d, King of the universe - the one who has separated the sacred and the profane. Blessed are You, forever and ever... amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment