Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's Only A Shadow...

"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal." Isaiah 26:4 (NIV)

Today when I woke up, I had an all too familiar feeling of "not wanting to get out of bed." Whether due to exhaustion, depression, or anything else, the desire to not participate in life is never from G-d. And so I realized... we are Warriors of the Highest Command; we can not afford, nor should we ever wish to be slack in any part off our lives. It is abnormal. We should not only act upon our faith by walking and talking it, but we should be so willing to follow the lead of the Commander that we do not second guess His lead. We need to pick up our swords, so that when it is time to lay them down, we will not hesitate... The scriptures say to confess your sins to one another, so that in fellowship, we may be aware of the tricks of the enemy. And so, we should take this to heart, not only by confessing mistakes that have been made but by confessing the lies that have been spoken into our lives.

I've been listening to a lot of Misty Edwards lately, because her music is so powerful to me - of course not everyone will get into it, but that's another amazing thing about G-d. He has created us as individuals, with individual tastes, ministries and desires. But to all of my friends, today I encourage you to find your warrior music. I'm studying for midterms this afternoon, then working out with my friends... I cannot afford to be in a miserable place, so I am now choosing to move past the misery and into the Light of His Kingdom. It's a daily decision that we all have to make... don't use "I am blessed" as an excuse to feel miserable... many people decide to recite those three words so that they can have an excuse to call it repentance or otherwise. If you are blessed, then walk in it!
 
Above is Misty Edwards song, "Only a shadow" - her title track from her latest live album... I recommend you all take a listen! And then put on your armor, for we know not of what the day brings... Onward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment