Sunday, September 22, 2013

Your Love is Enough

*This is an unedited, not-revised poem that I jotted down a moment ago during devotions. It's not meant to be magnificent or epic, just my thoughts in verse.

"15 We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. 3 For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.” 4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 5 May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, 6 that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 7 Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." Romans 15:1-7 (NIV).



I love You, I love You, I love You G-d... 
when words fail me,
when nothing but a raging river
of incessant tears fills my eyes...

I love You.

When You sing not a song
but set my mind to wonder
When You whisper not a word
But set my eyes to seek
Your face

I love You.

When You turn my head to the right or left
When You take me by the hand
and say, "Enough child, follow me."

I love You.

When nothing is enough
and yet You died for me...

I love You.

My G-d, my G-d,
Why have I forsaken You?
Why have I forgotten You?

But Your love endures forever...

If my eyes were still filled with tears,
It would have been enough.
If my mind was yet unclear,
It would have been enough.
If I was still not in finding my way,
and yet I trusted in Your lead...
It would have been enough.

If my cup was empty,
and yet You still stood by me...
It would have been enough.

But You have not forsaken us
You have not forgotten us
And You dried my tears
and You held my head in Your hands
And You are still guiding me out of the wilderness...
And Your love will be enough.
For in You I do not crave the flesh of the earth
but crave the bread of life
In You I no longer look to the kings of Israel,
but to the King of Glory...
Diyanu, it is enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment