Wednesday, March 6, 2013

From Facebook

Today will be a short post; I wanted to share something that I had written on my Facebook page this morning.  Lately I have been speaking with people of different faiths, and they have been questioning me about the sovereignty, righteousness, and all-around Holiness of Yeshua as G-d.  During devotions this morning, I came upon this scripture (Biblegateway.com verse of the day), and began to journal my thoughts - here is one of the things I have come up with...

"The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him." Exodus 15:2 NIV

When scholars speak of the "different gods" of the New and Old Testament, I believe they fail to recognize the sovereignty of Adonai. He chooses to discipline, yet He has never existed apart from His nature - which is love. If Miriam can sing this in the desert, after crossing the Red Sea, after being hunted by the Egyptians, after being in the presence of massive death of the firstborn of all those who ignored or did not believe her G-d... then it is obvious that she experienced much more than anger and wrath. Miriam experienced and had knowledge of the immense love that Adonai dwells in, yet she and her brothers did not ignore His power.
Have a wonderful evening, and have Blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment